With the prestigious Ivor Novello Awards taking place next month, many have been waiting to see who will be nominated and the wait is finally over!
The awards are showcased to honour the finest British and Irish songwriters and screen composers, with the UK rap scene having a lot to look forward to after a successful past 12 months.
Awards include Best Album, Best Contemporary Song, Rising Star and the most anticipated award of the night – Songwriter of the Year which Dave features on after the release of his UK Number 1 album We’re All Alone In This Together. He will face fierce competition from fellow artists Ed Sheeran, Adele, Coldplay and Raye.
Also nominated are Tion Wayne and Russ for their record-breaking hit “Body”, as well as Little Simz who’s been nominated twice for her album Sometimes I Might Be Introvert, and her single “I Love You, I Hate You”.
Newcomer Pinkpantheress is in the running for the Rising Star Award, with Headie One also receiving a nomination alongside FKA Twigs for their single “Don’t Judge Me”.
“It’s been a standout year for music and I am full of admiration for the 77 talented songwriters and composers we are celebrating this year,” Shaznay Lewis, Ivor Novello Award winner and judge for The Ivors, said.
“Their work and words touch on a dizzying range of emotions, and I count myself lucky to have heard their stories. As it has every year since 1956, The Ivors celebrates the outstanding creation of music, and I’d like to say a huge congratulations to every nominee.”
Winners will be chosen by members of the Ivors Academy for the second consecutive year, with the Ivor Novello Awards ceremony taking place on Thursday May 19th at London’s Grosvenor House.
Check out the list of nominees below.
2022 Ivor Novello Award Nominees
- Mother – Cleo Sol
- NINE – SAULT
- Pink Noise – Laura Mvula
- Sometimes I Might Be Introvert – Little Simz
- Spare Ribs – Sleaford Mods
Best Contemporary Song
- “Body” – Russ Millions and Tion Wayne
- “Coming Back” – James Blake feat. SZA
- “Don’t Judge Me” – FKA twigs, Headie One and Fred again..
- “I Love You, I Hate You” – Little Simz
- “Just For Me” – PinkPantheress
Best Original Film Score
- After Love – Chris Roe
- Censor – Emilie Levienaise-Farrouch
- Last Night In Soho – Steven Price
- Spencer – Jonny Greenwood
- The World To Come – Daniel Blumberg
Best Original Video Game Score
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy – Richard Jacques
- Omno – Benedict Nichols
- Returnal – Bobby Krlic
Best Song Musically and Lyrically
- “All You Ever Wanted” – Rag’n’Bone Man
- “Easy On Me” – Adele
- “Haunted House” – Holly Humberstone
- “Let’s Go Home Together” – Ella Henderson and Tom Grennan
- “Seventeen Going Under” – Sam Fender
Best Television Soundtrack
- Blitz Spirit With Lucy Worsley – Jessica Dannheisser
- Landscapes – Arthur Sharpe
- Robin Robin – Ben Please and Beth Porter
- The Outlaws – Stew Jackson and Dan Jones
- The Serpent – Dominic Scherrer
PRS for Music Most Performed Work
- “Bad Habits” – Ed Sheeran
- “Bed” – Joel Corry, RAYE and David Guetta
- “Cold Heart” – Elton John and Dua Lipa
- “Little Bit Of Love” – Tom Grennan
- “Shivers” – Ed Sheeran
Songwriter of the Year
- Ed Sheeran
Rising Star Award with Apple Music
- Ashaine White
- Matilda Mann
- Naomi Kimpenu