McDonalds have a pretty “sh*t” situation going on. Traces of faeces have been found on every single McDonald’s touchscreen that was swabbed in an investigation.
Dr Paul Marawele has said that this can cause the kind of infections that people pick up in hospitals. At one branch, a bacteria called ‘staphylococcus’ was found which can cause blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome.
The branches which were under investigation were McDonalds in Oxford Street, Holloway Road, Kensington High Street, Seven Sisters, Bethnal Green and two in Birmingham (Pigeon Park and Ramp).
Dr Matawele also added that someone could be really careful with they own hygiene but all of it could be undone when using a touchscreen machine once. They are being used more and more in our daily lives but you should never eat food directly after touching them.
A McDonald’s spokesman said, “Our self-order screens are cleaned frequently throughout the day. All of our restaurants also provide facilities for customers to wash their hands before eating.”
This isn’t the first time traces of faeces have been found at McDonald’s as last summer it was traced in their ice, which you can read about here on GRM Daily.