US game developer Infinity Ward have spoken out, stating new measures that will be introduced into Call Of Duty Warzone in order to prevent and lower the levels of harmful and racist content in-game.
The LA-based company took to Twitter on the 3rd of June stating these new measures openly to the public. Following their usual format, Infinity Ward posted a statement in the form of a bold text image upload.
They said the following on the matter,”There is no place for racist content in our game. This is an effort we began with launch and we need to do a better job. We’re issuing thousands and of daily bans of racist and hate-oriented names. But we know we have to do more – and we are.”
The measures that are being further placed into this hugely popular game include the following:
- Adding additional resources to monitor and ID racist content
- Adding additional in-game reporting systems to increase the number of bans per hour
- Adding filters and greater restrictions on name changes
- Evaluating in-game improvements to make it easier to report offences
- Increasing permanent bans to root out repeat offenders
The developers ended the message with this statement – “We apologize to our players. This is our commitment to you, our fans, thank you.”
Take in their full statement below