A four-match ban and a £40,000 fine has been given to Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier for climbing over seats to confront a fan after a match earlier this year.
The incident took place after Norwich knocked Spurs out of the FA Cup back in March.
The ban from the FA rules the 26-year-old out of all but one of Tottenham’s remaining Premier League fixtures. Dier has also been warned about his future conduct by the FA.
A statement said: “The Tottenham player admitted that his actions at the conclusion of a fixture against Norwich City in the FA Cup were improper but denied that they were also threatening.
“An independent regulatory commission subsequently found Eric Dier’s actions to be threatening.”
The incident took place in the fifth-round tie on March 4 following a penalty shootout in which Dier scored but Spurs eventually lost. Spurs manager Jose Mourinho said a fan had insulted Dier after the game.
The Portuguese boss refused to comment on the ban to avoid “getting into trouble” but confirmed that the club would not be appealing.
“If you appeal you have other risks. At least let’s start next season without a suspension,” Mourinho added.
“We all know how it works with the FA decisions. I don’t think we will appeal.”
Dier jumped over the pitchside barriers into the stand at the end of the game where he made a beeline for a fan and clambered over seats until he reached the top row of seats in front of the hospitality boxes.
Another video shows him being held back by fans and security while shouting out “he’s my brother.” He is then led away by security with his arm around a fan.
The fan later said in a statement to the police, who took no action following an investigation, that he had “been an idiot”. Dier claimed during the hearing that his actions did not deserve a football ban as he just wanted to “protect” his brother Patrick who he thought was “in trouble”, but the panel disagreed.