Music Videos News 15 January 2015

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather is happening?!?

15 January 2015

The epic collision would take place on May 2nd at the MGM in Las Vegas IF ‘Money’ Mayweather accepts the proposed terms.

Pacquaio’s promoter, Bob Arum, spoke to Yahoo Sports (yesterday) about the latest development between the boxers.

He said: “I want to get some movement here, with bringing Mayweather to the table so we can go out and get everything signed and get the networks together and get the thing finished.

“All that’s left is for Mayweather to sign the contract, Manny has already agreed to terms.”

Carl Moretti, who also represents Pacquaio, added: “Top Rank and Manny have agreed to the terms on our side. I don’t know about the other side.”

GRM Daily

A long standing bone of contention for reigning WBC, WBA and Ring (welterweight and junior middle weight) champion, not fighting Pacquiao, has been the Filipino’s perceived reluctance to take a drug test.

However that obstacle is now out of the way as Moretti stated that Pacquiao has “agreed to be tested” by the USADA (United States Anti-Doping Agency).

That is one sign of the eagerness from Pacquaio to finally get this fight signed. Another is that reports indicate that he is willing to accept 40% cut of the purse, leaving 60% for undefeated (47-0) Mayweather.

The fight is expected to break all previous revenue records for a boxing match. That would include the gate at the MGM Grand and the all time pay-per-view buy record of 2.4 million. Top ticket prices at the MGM are expected to be as high as $5000

So after all the back and fourth trash talk (watch below), could we finally get the dream match the world has been waiting for?