News 4 June 2017
Author: Marisa Lee

Seven killed & 48 injured in London Bridge terror attack

Author Marisa Lee
4 June 2017

1pm SUNDAY UPDATE: The three suspects, wearing fake explosive vests, were reportedly killed eight minutes after the first emergency call. Seven people were killed and an estimated 48 have been injured. Four police were injured, one seriously.

This morning, 12 people have been arrested at flats in Barking in relation to the early morning incidents.


Central London is currently in turmoil after three separate incidents, two now confirmed as terror attacks. Police are currently on a manhunt for three suspects. Reportedly dozens have been injured.

At around 22:08 reports began, describing a white van ramming into pedestrians on the bridge and some to a rest near its southern end.

“A white van driver came speeding, at about 50mph, veered off the road into pedestrians,” an eyewitness told BBC News.

“Suddenly I noticed on the left on the pavement there was somebody down on the pavement with a small crowd around them,” Will Heaven of the Spectator magazine told Sky News. “It looked like someone had collapsed. We drove a little bit further southwards and noticed there was another person on the right hand side of the bridge.”

GRM Daily

London Bridge was the first area to be struck when a van reportedly veered off the road and ran over pedestrians. 

A taxi driver told LBC

“A van came from London Bridge itself, went between the traffic light system and rammed it towards the steps. It knocked loads of people down.

“Then three men got out with long blades, 12 inches long and went randomly along Borough High Street stabbing people at random. I saw a young girl stabbed in the chest.

“I said to the guy in my cab I was going to try to hit him, I was going to ram him. I turned around and tried, but he side-stepped me. Then there were two police officers running towards him with their batons drawn, they didn’t know what was happening.

“There was a guy with a really long blade stabbing people randomly.”

A second incident involving stabbings and gunshots was then reported in nearby Borough Market.

The Wall St. Journal spoke to a man who owns a business in Borough Market:

GRM Daily

The “unspecified” event was reported shortly after in Vauxhall, but has since been declared unrelated.

Terrifying alerts were been put out on Twitter.